The MC2 project is looking for Egyptian startups to join the incubation cycle, during which the participants who are change-makers in the field of sustainable development will be provided with a support and guidance program.About MC2
The Green Economy: a promising future for Egypt. The overall objective of the MC2 project is to empower sustainable and circular economy in Egypt and accelerate transition to UN2030 Sustainable Development Goals boosting the adoption of green technology-based solutions and the development of eco-innovative enterprises.Integration in the project
Environmental enterprises play a crucial role in enriching and integrating the project through three main interventions:Think Tank:
enterprises will work closely with the MC2 Think Tank members in order to create mutual learning experiences, coaching, and mentoring technopreneurs.GTER Hub:
the Green Technopreneurship Hub at the Heliopolis University in Cairo will be accessible to the MC2 participants and serves as a workspace, and hosting meetings.E-learning platform:
a platform specially designed to provide educational and training materials for all the sustainable development field change-makers.Support
Beneficiaries will be supported with EURO 10K
as initial financing for start-ups and sub-financing for the project in order to advance their start-ups, in addition to technical support for abilities development, and it includes:
Commitment required of participants
- Mentorship program
- Business & technical assistance from field experts
- Study visits to several European union countries
- Equipped office space
- Fabrication facilities and labs in the incubator
- Networking with investment and financing agencies and potential clients....etc
- Invitations to attend exhibitions and conferences.
- Legal support
- Other support perks
If your start-up is selected to become a change-maker in the field of sustainable development, you are committed to the following:
• Follow up on the incubation program
• Attend training and guidance programs
• Participate in all activities, whether online or offline/live.Priorities
The business idea should target sustainability challenges, and in one of the following industrial sectors: Cement, Food/Agricultural, Automotive including steel parts, Weavers, and Textile. Also, the goal for your project could be targeting energy efficiency in general, or targeting a sector that has been identified in the areas of agriculture and textiles. - find a list of all the specific fields in the form -.Selection Criteria
- Not to be involved with other incubation programs during the incubation period.
- To have a team of 2-3 people, and one of them is fully committed to the program.
- To be available as a team in Cairo during the incubation stage.
The application process requires several steps and documents. All can be submitted via an online form available in English and Arabic. Deadline for entries is midnight on the 23/12/22
.The application requirements are:
- online form survey
- optional: short video (2-3 minutes)
- optional: sustainable business model canvas (template available).
Selected applications will be shortlisted and notified about their nominations. After another selection round the final winners will be announced and invited to start their incubation journey, which is planned to start in February 2023
and last till the end of the year.
Uploaded files will be shared outside the organization they belong to.